Back in business

11081371_10152799288910922_586235322665708426_nSorry for the delay. I’ve been spending my days (and nights) out in the cold, meditating over my decisions in life or at least something like that. Now I’m back and on track again, and struggling to make up for lost time…

Today I put the valve back in, cleaned up the exhaust ports a bit, put the cylinder head back on as well as the starter motor and started working on the carbs. With that I mean that I had to remove a lot of rustlike grime on the carbs, probably caused by me not draining the carbs before tearing into the bike. I removed the first carb from the bridge and started cleaning that one and that is pretty much as far as I got today.

11082553_10152799283870922_3327960094646439877_nI promised you all a photo of the frame, powder coated and ready to be placed into action so here it is. I am very satisfied with the results; it looks brand new and pretty slick too. As a result of the frame being really nice, I have decided to paint the covers on the engine too. One of them has either been scratched before the process of refurbishing the bike or during the process, but it needs some love regardless. If I get any leftover paint when spraying the brake calipers, I might just use that…