No rest for the wicked

Why can't everything be as easy as installing the Acewell?
Why can’t everything be as easy as installing the Acewell?

With the CBR in decent shape, I’ll keep her on hold for a while and attack my second project: The KTM 690 Enduro -08. As you might remember, she’s been running poorly with flashing error codes indicating either a manifold pressure problem, a throttle position sensor problem or lambda sensor problem. I however suspect it’s the wire harness that keeps bugging me…

To my aid, I will reread the book How to Troubleshoot, Repair, and Modify Motorcycle Electrical Systems by Tracy Martin. It’s a fairly easy read and explains everything so that even I can understand. Together with a multimeter I should be able to work everything out eventually.  I found a thread on a KTM forum where this guy described the exact problems I’ve been having and where he found it: in a connector. By now, problems like that are easy to fix and when she purrs like a cat and handles like a war horse ready for battle, I’ll get rid of her and get a new one.

I might also get the petcock repair kit in the mail tomorrow or the day after, and then it’s time to get the metal tank back on the Honda. Then it’s chop chop time. The rear end of the subframe has to go and a new seat has to be fabricated. Once again the internet will come to my rescue as I’ve found a brilliant thread of how to proceed. It involves cutting out some sheet metal, a piece of plywood, leather, a sewing machine, rivets and maybe I’ll have to borrow a welder too for the mounts…